This is my first write-up ever. Recently I travelled from Hyderabad to Delhi and back to Hyderabad by road on my Esteem machine. It was great experience and I want to thank to all people who supported & guided me on the route. Before starting my journey did a good amount of study of route, alternate route, map, direction, by pass road, villages, road condition, halt and start time, where to stay, food and other. Especial thanks for my wife and my 2 yr old son who were along with me and gave me strength for entire trip. Their patience’s was key for success of this journey. Mr Brijesh (Ghumkaar.com Member) whose travel experience help me a lot and all whom we asked the route and directions on the way. Travelling by road will be very easy in coming future.
Few point which I can recommend to all.
1. Carry a lot of water and snacks, especially if you travelling with Kids. Don’t trust on road side water bottles.
2. Start early morning and don’t do night journey specially while in MP and route between Jhansi & Gwalior.
Below is the log of trip from Hyderabad to Delhi
Day1: Hyderabad to Nagpur
Hyderabad start 2.00 PM, road in AP is very good, maintained a speed around of 120KM per hrs. Total of 4 tolls which cost around Rs 350 . Bad Stretch of 25 KM start after 10th milestone of 4th toll. Road condition from Hingnaghat to Nagpur is very good, covered this section in dark and reach Nagpur at 9.00PM. Total drive approx 500 KM in 7 hrs with minimal halt like railway crossing at Hingnaghat and fuel refill and lo break. Halt at Kamptee which is around 20 minutes drive from Nagpur. I could remember few destinations boards on the way like (Nirmal, Adilabad, Nizamabad, Hingnaghat). Good Eateries (Punjabi Dhaba’s) can be found at Outsirts of Nirmal, after Adilabad bypass toward AP border.
1. Did not find good place to Tea/Snack break
2. Travel 25KM stretch before Hingnaghat in daylight, otherwise you will not able to figure out the road and direction after sunset.
3. Careful in this section with heavy truck.
4. For anything you have to get down from NH which will be very time taking, so avoid it. Carry a lot of water/snack with you.
5. No need to worry for fuel station as lot of options especially toward Nagpur and Hyderabad cities end.
Day 2 : Kamptee to Jhansi
Start early morning at 5.00 AM and head toward Chhindwara. This section is mix of good and bad stretches. Reached Chhindwara around 7.00 AM, stopped for a fuel refill and headed toward Narsinghpur. At Chhindwara ask for Narsighpur direction, I remember as soon as we cross the railway crossing within Chhindwara town took Left road and head toward Narsinghpur(a small direction board for Narsinghpur is placed at railway crossing which is not visible). I loved this section after Chhindwara. Like good road even single lane road, ghats section, Jungle, a lot of villages on road side. Be careful at Ghats section as usually people drive fast on these types of ghats section. Please check out your speed and same time be very careful from vehicle which is coming from other end. Ghats road end before entering Narsinghpur. Road from Narsinghpur to Babina is good. Careful with diversion, cases where need to drive on wrong direction. Full of heavy trucks. Bypass Sagar and Lalitpur. Keep following Jhansi. Road from Babina to Jhansi is horrible, Need to enter Babina town which is really horrible. Road condition is very bad till Jhansi. A lot of local traffic between Babina and Jhansi. Stretch of around 25 KM. Reached Jhansi around 5.30 PM and took night halt. During night while roaming in Jhansi got the route map to exist Jhansi and follow Gwalior. Total drive time = 12 Hrs. KM drive = Approx 640 KM, toll around = Rs 200
1. Chhindwara to Narsinghpur no road side eateries, so carry your own food/Snacks.
2. Narsinghpur to Jhansi some road side Dhabas available but not complete family dhaba. Stopped for one dhabas which was on Bypass of Sagar, there food is also not of good taste what we expect from North Indian dhabas.
3. Narsinghpur to Babina road is very good, Very few diversion just because of construction, which I believe is going on since long time.
4. Check your speed, Don’t over speed if you see empty road.
5. Fill in fuel at Chhindwara as in between no fuel station till Narsinghpur. Good number of fuel station after Narsinghpur till Jhansi.
6. Avoid Travelling in night when travelling from Chhindwara – Narsinghpur section.
7. Chhindwara – Narsinghpur section is very scenic especially morning drive. I loved this section.
Day 3: Jhansi to Delhi
Woke up early morning 4.00 AM, it was quite chilling in morning as it was early DEC. Had our breakfast and packed our bags and started around 6.00 AM. This section from Jhansi to Gwalior is horrible. Recommendation for all please plan and travel this section strictly during daytime only. It was almost 120 KM and it took around 4.00hrs. People usually ask how is road condition. I would say there is no road then how to brief the road condition L . If even road is there you need to travel on wrong direction or other side vehicles will come on wrong direction. Anyway if we are travelling 2000 KM then in India you can expect 20-30% bad roads. There is a Gwalior bypass in which 3 KM road is still under construction, So please take risk on your own, If you are good driver then only take that road, because 3KM you have to drive through rough field. While proceeding toward Agra be careful about your destination, If you ask for Delhi people will direct to Delhi route Via Faridabad route which is bit time taking route, so ask for Nodia Route (Yamuna Expressway route), For that you have to enter Agra and head toward Yamuna express way which is on the Right side of the city. This route is very good. You will love driving on it 200 KM and covered less than 2 hrs. Total toll is Rs 320.00. Reached Nodia and took DND flyover and ORR in Delhi to reach Dwarka. Reached Dwarka at around 4.00PM. . Total KM Travel = Approx 470 KM and travel time = 9 hrs and toll amount is Rs 320
1. Checkout Jhansi to Gwalior road condition, If possible check for alternative route.
2. Take a Break in Gwalior or Morena for Food/Snack as on highway you will not find good dhaba to eat with Family.
3. Check your speed, Don’t over speed if you see empty road as NH cross through populated areas.
4. Easily travel in Night from Gwalior to Delhi.
5. For Yamuna Express from Agra , need to enter Agra and ask for Nodia Route. Don’t ask for DELHI route.
7. On Yamuna Express way please don’t over speed, Enjoy the ride and just think that someone is waiting for you at home.
For any other query please drop me mail at Jagmohan.firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 9849412667.