I would like to share with all those who intend to travel by the Delhi Bangalore Rajdhani Express the deplorable state of the coaches and the cavalier attitude of the catering / housekeeping and maintenance staff employed by Airtel.
Date of Journey : 2nd January, 2009. Time and place of departure : 9.15 pm/ Hazrat Nizammudin
Complaints as detailed below
1) Bogies old and substandard with torn seats filled with cockroaches and occassional rats, substandard toilets, poor flooring and smell. Old and torn blankets , dirty sheets and towels gave us an inkling about what was in store.
2) Toilets not cleaned properly and there was usually a mess. A defiant attitude by the cleaning staff – this is what we will do, nothing more – use this if you want.
3) Substandard food. Ice cold food on the first day itself ie. 2nd January night, Improperly cooked food for lunch on 3rd January and missing items like curds, salads, pickles etc. A Complaint lodged by several passenges during the journey after lunch with the TC/ catering Manager / cleaning supervisor and entered into the complaint book resulted in better food at night, but no improvement in housekeeping
4) Failure of complete lights and electricals in all coaches as soon as the train left Delhi for several minutes – rectified after 30 mins. Reason given -heater in the pantry car was defective
5) AC controls ineffective resulting in heat build up in the afternoon and icy cold chill at night
6) Take it or leave it attitude by the staff – catering, cleaning etc
7) TC ineffective – and apologetic. Said possibly that old coaches were being used for South, while the Northern Rajdhani’s get all the latest coaches.
These coaches should be examined by Maintenance staff and rectified since there was severe vibration coming form B 7 coach at speeds around 100 kms or so.
We have paid a premium for travelling by Rajdhani Express and expect quality service like the ones provided on the Mumbai Delhi Rajdhani sector. Such substandard service / coaches for the premier train is not acceptable and the Railways need to drastically change their step mothertly attitude to the Delhi Bangalore Rajdhani express and replace with new bogies – otherwise change the name of the train – do not call it Rajdhani express.